Saturday, January 24, 2009
Blog it, and she will come.
The day after I blogged about Annabelle not wanting to hold Nate she asked her Dad after lunch to hold him. I really should say she demanded it. "Annabelle wants to hold Nate", said at the top of her lungs as he was wiping her face. (talking about herself in the third person cracks me up)
I was in the kitchen cleaning up and choose to keep hidden until it actually happened. I thought it meant something when she asked Tom instead of me, since I had been asking her every day only to be met with a firm "No" as an answer.
So he got them set up and of course I came swooping in like a Paparazzi to catch the moment before it was gone. In less than 2 minutes it was gone, she was over it. But those 2 minutes broke my heart, my beautiful children, one smiling, one burping. Life is good.
She has not brought it up again, I have chosen not to either. I have learned Annabelle does things on Annabelle time. I can be patient, she will ask again.
This was a very good start.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
yay! so cute!
". . . my beautiful children, one smiling, one burping. Life is good."
It's stuff like this that reminds me of why you are one of my favorite people in the world.
I had to read this one again, it's so incredibly sweet! So glad you guys are doing well!
Precious!
Post a Comment