Tuesday, January 12, 2010

School Days

Annabelle started preschool last Thursday in this rockin outfit from Aunt Stacie. She looked so damn sweet in her Old Navy sailor outfit, backpack in hand. She hasn’t said a whole lot about it even though we tried to question her several times. She likes it, she was anxious to go back today. So I am guessing that is a good thing.

A few months ago I received a phone call from a woman checking on our address here at work, she needed the information because she was opening a Montessori Preschool on the first floor of our building. It seemed like fate was sending me one of those messages as I had been wondering if I should be looking into school for Annabelle. With the onset on cold weather she was no longer spending her afternoons outside and the confinement proved to be a bit taxing on everyone.

Although we had gone to an Open House the weekend prior I still was anxious about our first drop off. I expected some tears, at least a bit of clinging but no, all I got was a ½ wave as she moved on to check things out.

So it’s all good, our mornings go much smoother than I expected, I enjoy the company on my commute and I have the satisfaction of her getting some educational exposure along with socialization skills while I am still close enough to be there in 2 minutes if needed.

I’ll admit to being a bit melancholy, some days I can’t believe my little baby is such a big girl but mostly I think this time in our lives just so cool.

2 comments:

Margie said...

I just can't believe she is old enough for preschool. They grow up so fast. Enjoy every minute. Courtney is now 13 and I love remembering back to this special time

Mom and Sons said...

How awesome that she’s in the same building as you!!! I’ve jokingly said I need to open a daycare in my building … only part of me is joking though.