Friday, July 16, 2010

For one glorious night, we were Star Bellies.


Marshmallow roast time
Originally uploaded by kristn1284

My friend Mary and her sweet husband were visiting recently, staying at the local State Park. We visited them at the campground the first evening and made plans for the following evening to have them at our house. Then Mary said “I hope you will come over here Friday night to cook hotdogs and marshmallows at the campfire”. Yes, I replied, that sounds like fun.

As we were driving home in the dwindling twilight the following conversation took place.

Annabelle: Are Mary & Mr. Arnold coming to our house?
Me: Yes, tomorrow.
A: Ralph too? (the dog)
Me: Yes
A: Are we coming over here again?
Me: Yes honey we will be here to camp on Friday.
A: Just like Star Belly Sneeches, we were invited to a marshmallow & frankfurter toast!
Me: That’s right; we are Star Bellies for sure.
A: Mommy?
Me: Yes Annabelle.
A: When we come camping, can I bring my own bed?

For as much as she looks like her Dad, at times like this I know she is my daughter.

(PS – If I would have had a picture of Mary dancing I would have posted that too)

No comments: