Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Big sister, protector



Nate has entered into a new phase; he is “scared” of things. Normal everyday activities like the fire siren, a dump truck passing by or even a spider. He doesn’t act scared, just says he is scared.


Sunday after Annabelle & I got home from Sunday school the kids were watching a new Disney show they like about a boy and pirates while Tom & I were in the kitchen getting their lunch. We heard Nate say “I’m scared of Captain Hook”. Just as I started to head into the room we heard Annabelle say “It’s OK Nate, just come here and sit with me, I’ll take care of you”.


I grabbed the camera and snuck up on them as if I was trying to capture a photo of a butterfly lit on a flower. These random acts of kindness and affection absolutely melt my heart.

2 comments:

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

ohhh, what an awesome picture! (and I SO know what you mean about rushing frantically but also quietly and verrrry delicately so you don't ruin the shot:)

Mom and Sons said...

Oh my goodness ... this is the sweetest thing ever!!!