Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Happy 7th Birthday Annabelle

March 18, 2014

IMG_7201Happy 7th Birthday Annabelle,

My goodness you really are fabulous.  You have grown and matured and really come into your personality this year.  Mrs. Thomas, your second grade teacher, has been a wonderful influence.
 
Last May we went to Julia’s roller skating party.  As most new skaters do, you fell on your butt, hard.  That was it, you were done.  With the Skating Rink being the main source for birthday parties in the elementary set we decided to get you lessons.  Lesson 1 you were so scared, your little heart was pounding; you didn’t want to try to stand up.  By the 6th lesson you were skating on your own with rollerblades.  You love skating so much you wanted your birthday party at the rink with your friends.  Your bravery was amazing and you really learned a valuable lesson about persistence. 

You started taking acting lessons at Stage Right, you love it.  You have been Rabbit in their production of Pooh, Phoebus in Hunchback and soon you will be the Queen in Frozen.  You really love being on stage and have expressed an interest in singing lessons.  For now we are sticking with acting as you are still in dance, taking Jazz, Tap & Ballet this year.  You are active in Girl Scouts and church too, a busy little girl.  We work hard to schedule down time though to read and stay home as a family. 

You are my reader girl.  You have led the 2nd grade in Accelerated Reader points; your goal is to set a record in the 3rd quarter.  You are reading at about a 5th grade level.  You participated in the Celebration of Literature in February with your gifted class.  You read “A wrinkle in time” on your own and then we read “Smeck Day” together (concurrently, we would stop at certain places and discuss).  That was a fun winter project for us.  For Christmas you received a Kindle Fire simply because we have run out of room in our house for books. I love how you love to read, it will serve you well. 

In early fall you announced to Nate at dinner one evening “This year for Halloween we are going old school.  I’m going to be a witch. You can be either Frankenstein, a ghost or a skeleton.”  He thought about it a minute and said “OK, I’ll be a skeleton”.  It was the easiest costume discussion we have ever had.  You guys were fabulous.  Within a week after Halloween you were planning costumes for next year.  You want to be the Statue of Liberty and are trying to convince Nate to be Uncle Sam, I’ll bet by next fall you will have won him over.  I love how you enthuse about Halloween and still agree to match with your brother. 

Happy Birthday my sweet girl.  You are growing into such a quick witted, funny, intelligent young lady.  I am so honored that I get to be your Mom.

Know how much you are loved dear kid, to the moon and back,

Mom

1 comment:

Heather said...

I just love your birthday letters.